Time to Reflekt – The Best Skincare Routine for your 20s
Ah, the 20s! It’s a glorious time in your life when so many things are in transition. The 20’s are when you finish college and start working in your career. It’s the decade when you may decide to take off and see the world before embracing full adulthood responsibilities. And for some of us, the 20’s are a time when just about anything goes.
During this period of transition, your skin is also changing. It’s easy to neglect your skin in your 20’s because there is already so much going on. During this decade of life your skin is youthful and hasn’t started showing any signs of aging. Thus, it’s easy to take your skin for granted and that can lead to negative consequences.
Establishing a good skincare routine and figuring out the best skincare products for your skin means you will always be ready for your next selfie, hot party, or exciting big adventure.
In this article, we are going to share the best skin care routine for your 20’s. Trust us. You will thank us when you are looking fabulous at 30!
- Establish a morning cleansing routine. Are you too busy or tired to properly wash your face in the morning? You need a little encouragement? Here’s a fact that will motivate you-having a morning cleansing routine is the best way to prepare your skin for the day ahead and guard it against environmental stressors like pollutants, dry air, high humidity, and the sun. In the morning use a gentle cleanser to wash away impurities and your skin shed while you slept. Use a face wash that is best suited for your skin or one that is formulated for all skin types. The right face wash will make your skin feel hydrated and supple, not dry. After washing, gently pat your face dry with a clean towel and apply a good moisturizer. A good face creme will hydrate your skin without clogging your pores and make your skin feel smooth and hydrated. Using moisturizer will also provide a smoother canvas for your makeup.
- Establish an evening cleansing routine. One of the biggest skincare sins is not properly washing your face in the evening. Do you know how much gunk you expose your skin to every day? Not only did you expose yourself to tons of environmental factors, but you probably also touched your face more than you realize throughout the day and transferred bacteria onto your skin. That is gross. The only thing worse than not washing your face in the evening is sleeping with your makeup on. That is a recipe for disaster! The truth, however, is many women of all ages have done this at one point or another. Removing makeup can be a daunting task, but it’s worth it. When you go to bed, you want your skin to be completely clean so it can breath freely and repair and detoxify itself. Skin actually rejuvenates and repairs itself most while we sleep. Use a gentle cleanser like the one you used in the morning and don’t forget to moisturize! Apply a good cream that will help revitalize your skin while you sleep.
- Sunscreen is your real BFF. The sun’s rays can wreak havoc on your skin. The worst part is, signs of sun damage don’t usually show themselves until years later. So you can be doing a lot of harm and not even know it. Sunscreen is your best friend. It will protect you from harmful UVA/UVB rays and help prevent damage you might regret later. If your morning moisturizer doesn’t have sunscreen, purchase one you can apply right after. Make sure to buy one that is SPF30 or higher. Always show your skin some love by wearing sunscreen when you are out during the day. And yes, even when it’s cloudy because the sun’s rays burn right through the clouds! Stop tanning like the sun is going to end. The sun will not burn out anytime soon. Therefore, there is no reason to expose your face to hours of direct sunlight on a regular basis. That’s why self-tanning and bronzing products were invented. Even if you loved watching the Jersey Shore, excessive tanning is never a good idea. Hats, visors and plenty of sunscreen are perfect for endless beach days, summer BBQ’s and all the adventures you are bound to encounter in your 20’s.
- Embrace eye cream. It wouldn’t be too shocking if you experience some sleep deprivation in your 20’s. A good eye cream will help reduce morning puffiness and make tired eyes look more rejuvenated. The eyes are one of the first areas to show signs of aging because there are not any oil glands in this area and thus it becomes dry. A good eye cream will help keep the area firm and will minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. You might not think you need an eye cream now, but using eye creams early is a great preventative measure.
- Exfoliate often. In addition to your regular morning and evening cleansing routine, your skin will thank you if you exfoliate often. Exfoliation is the process of removing dead skin cells that cause your skin to look dull and lifeless. When you get rid of dead cells, your skin can breathe easier, you reduce and shrink clogged pores, improve skin texture and reduce future wrinkling. The result is dewy brighter more vibrant skin! Plus as a bonus when your skin is properly exfoliated, your creams will absorb better. It’s important to note that not all exfoliators are created equal, but some are so gentle they work best when used 2X a day. Others are harsh and these should be avoided. Be sure to read the label and follow directions. Products like Reflekt 1 both cleanse and exfoliate the skin. You can accomplish two steps in one! Gentle exfoliation on a daily basis keeps the skin clear and more and more radiant over time. Think of it as giving the natural shedding process a helping hand.
- Take care of the inside. There is a saying that the outside is often a reflection of the inside. The best skin care regime for 20-year-olds isn’t complete without proper hydration and nutrition. It’s not easy to eat healthy if you are always on the go, indulging in a few “adult” beverages on a regular basis, not getting a full night’s rest, or simply don’t have the money or time, but your skin will suffer. Drinking lots of water and eating healthy will support your efforts to have luminous healthy skin.
The world is at your feet. Take it on with passion and do it with fresh, glowing and clear skin. These are your 20’s after all.