How to get rid of acne scars
The only thing worse than acne is the scars they often leave behind. The indentations, the discolorations and the rough patches can be very stressful after a battle with pimples. Since millions of people around the world are affected by acne, acne scars are a very common problem.
The good news is that luckily there are ways to improve them. In this post, you will learn about what acne scars are, what causes them and ways to make them diminish and look better. Don’t let acne scars get in the way of beautiful skin.
Read on for useful insight and advice.
What are acne scars?Acne scars are indentations or marks on the skin that occur as a result of acne. Sometimes they look like an indentation and at other times they might affect skin pigmentation. Depending on the severity of the acne, scars can also vary in size, shape and even texture.
People with darker skin sometimes experience acne scars as post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, which is a fancy way of saying dark spots. People with fairer skin are likely to see red or purple marks also known as post-inflammatory erythema.
What causes acne scars?You get acne when a pore becomes filled with dead skin cells, excess oil and bacteria. The pore becomes inflamed and causes the follicle wall to break. The more severe the acne, the more inflammation you are likely to have. Unfortunately, more inflammation means more scarring on the skin.
Acne scars can be tricky to avoid. Sometimes they just happen as a result of your skin healing itself. Some forms of acne can be made worse by using the wrong products or by introducing new bacteria by touching your face too much. Thus the causes of acne scars can vary. But don’t panic! If you currently have acne make sure you are using the right products. It’s also a good idea to visit a dermatologist to get a better assessment of your skin.
The best way to prevent acne scars is by giving your skin a lot of tender loving care during the initial acne breakout. If you had acne recently or years ago and the scars are already there, smile because we are going to tell you how to get rid of acne scars fast!
How to get rid of acne scars fast – Step by StepThere are certain steps you can take to get rid of those annoying acne scars.
- First and foremost always treat your skin the best you can whether you have acne or not. When you have acne work to reduce the inflammation as much as possible and avoid touching your face.
- Speak to a dermatologist to get a better understanding of your skin type.
- Use a gentle but effective facial cleanser to keep your skin clean.
- Establish an exfoliation routine. Exfoliation will help get rid of the scarred layer and bring fresh new cells to the surface. Exfoliating also helps keep pores clear and will minimize the opportunity for new breakouts. There are a variety of great exfoliators on the market.
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! Hydrated skin is happy skin and happy skin will look and feel better.
- Always use sunscreen!
How to get rid of acne scars naturally – Step by StepThere are several steps you can take to help get rid of scars naturally. The good news about using a natural approach is that the things you need are probably already in your kitchen.
- First, create a good exfoliator. One way to create a natural exfoliator is by mixing sugar and honey. Warm the honey slightly taking care not to make it too hot. Next mix in sugar and very gently apply to your face in circular motions. Then rinse with warm or cold water (never hot). The honey works to calm the skin and provide moisture. The texture of the sugar will help remove dead skin cells to help give skin a healthy glow.
- Use lemon on dark scars to help clarify and even out the skin tone. Please be careful not to go out into direct sunlight with lemon juice on your face because this will cause the dark spots to become even darker.
- Try aloe vera gel. Aloe vera has been a great beauty tool for years. It has anti-inflammatory and exfoliation properties that will help minimize the appearance of scars over time.
- Consider tea tree oil. Some research shows that tea tree oil is a natural way to help lighten acnes scars while helping the skin balance its oil production.
- Indian gooseberry is a green fruit known for its beauty-enhancing benefits. Indian gooseberry, sold in both liquid and powdered from, can help with a variety of skin issues. When mixed with lemon juice it can help even out pigmentation. It also acts a natural exfoliator and helps improve skin texture.
The downside to using a natural approach for getting rid of acne scars is that some natural and household products can irritate the skin if the wrong amount is used. For example, if you have dry skin, lemon might help even out skin tone, but it can also cause the skin to become irritated.
What is the best product for acne scars?The best products for acne scars are the products that are going to help you maintain healthy balanced skin. Products themselves can’t entirely remove a scar. What they can do however is help minimize their appearance and promote healthy skin to avoid future acne breakouts.
Products like REFLEKT 1 Hydrating Facial Cleansing Scrub is a perfect example. Reflekt 1 will not get rid of acne scars directly. It will, however, make your overall facial skin even and clear which creates a smoother canvas, while reducing the appearance of the scar. When your skin looks smooth, you won’t have to wear a lot of makeup because your skin is just looking better overall.
However, if you are a “full face” makeup person, you might just marvel at how much easier the makeup can be applied. Remember, when your skin is healthy and balanced acne scars will be less noticeable.
Laser treatment for acne scarsFor the most stubborn and upsetting acne scars, you should consider laser treatments. Lasers work by removing the damaged surface cells without causing damage to the surrounding healthy cells. They work in different intensities and can be used for skin rejuvenation and deeper skin layer treatments. Lasers deliver pulses to the skin to promote new cell growth and remove dead skin cells. Heat energy is produced during the treatment which stimulates the production of collagen, breaks down scar tissue and helps firm the skin.
When acne breakouts leave scars behind, remember that there are things you can do to improve these scars. Millions of people around the world deal with this on a regular basis, so you are not alone. Acne scars can vary depending on the severity of the acne breakout and your skin type.
What is important to emphasize is that the best treatment for acne scars is prevention. With or without an acne breakout, make sure to always treat your skin with kindness. This will help keep any skin problems at bay.
Do you currently have acne scars? What is your experience? We would love to hear your story.
Visit our social media pages to engage with our community.