Daily Skincare Routine for Men
Gentlemen, when was the last time you put some thought into your skincare routine? Has it been a while? Do you find skincare too high maintenance and tedious? We understand that life is hectic, and if you have a demanding work schedule, even more so.
However, your skincare routine is the difference between looking disheveled and looking like you are ready to take on the world! When you take good care of your skin, it will look firm and youthful. It will also help prevent a host of problems like acne, uneven complexion, wrinkles, and bad skin texture.
It’s never too late to develop a daily skincare routine to look your best. Over the past several years the beauty industry has created a variety of skin care products for men that makes taking care of your skin very uncomplicated. That means no more excuses!
If you are ready to step up your game, consider this article your no fuss, low maintenance men’s skin care guide. Arm yourself with the best skin care tips for men because you deserve it. The following is a step by step process to establishing your daily routine.
The morningThe alarm goes off, and it’s time to get out of bed to face today. Before you get dressed and rush out the door, show your face some love.
- Wash your face, but not with your body soap. It’s easy to jump in the shower and use whatever soap you have available. That is a terrible idea. It’s highly likely that the soap you use on your body will be too harsh for your face. Instead, use a gentle scrubbing cleanser that will remove dead skin cells and trapped dirt by exfoliating your skin. Apply the product in your hand and lather over your face in circular motions. There is no need to be harsh. Gentle pressure will get the job done. Then rinse your face with cool water. If you take hot showers, splash your face with lukewarm water afterwards. Then pat, don’t rub, your face with a clean towel. Now you are ready to shave.
- When it comes to shaving, use the best razor you can afford. A good blade will give a nice clean shave with the least amount of irritation.
- Use a good moisturizer! A proper skincare routine is not complete unless you’ve moisturized your face properly. Moisturizing your face provides a variety of excellent benefits, including fighting the signs of aging and keeping your skin looking youthful. Not all moisturizers are created equal. These days, moisturizers are made for dry skin, oily skin, combination skin, sensitive skin, and the list goes on and on. It’s confusing and we understand it’s a bit complicated to find the right one. Yet, it’s important that you do. If you are not sure what type of moisturizer to buy, we recommend finding one that is non-comedogenic (meaning it won’t clog pores) that is suitable for all skin types. The good news is that most of these moisturizers come labeled.
- Apply sunscreen! We are sure you’ve heard this advice a million times, but we can’t stress this enough. Sunscreen is your best friend. It will help keep the sun’s damaging rays from causing skin damage and in the worst-case cancer. Apply sunscreen once your moisturizer is absorbed.
The eveningIt’s been a long day, and you’re tired. Putting on some comfy clothes and throwing yourself in bed might be the only thing you want to do. But not so fast. If you’ve touched things throughout the day for any reason at all, there is a good chance that you transferred millions of bacteria onto your skin.
Between handshakes, grabbing door knobs, turning handles, and pushing elevator buttons, our hands are coming in contact with all kinds of unpleasant things. It’s easy to touch our face and not even know we are doing it. We also expose our face to pollutants in the air every day which can build up on our skin. Establishing a solid evening skincare routine is essential.
- Wash your face with a proper cleanser just like you did in the morning. The best kind is the one that will gently exfoliate without stripping your skin of its naturals oils. The ideal cleanser is one that you can use daily in the morning and the evening without causing irritation or dryness. When you wash your face in the evening, you help your body maximize its repair process while you sleep. Without the day’s gunk on your face, your body has one less obstacle to overcome. This is one of the best skin care tips for men, but it’s also easily disregarded because we don’t realize how impactful the rejuvenation process is when we sleep.
- Moisturize! Moisturizing isn’t just for the morning; it’s important to hydrate your skin before going to bed. It will help restore your skin’s moisture levels in your face.
- Apply an eye cream. Ok, we know this must sound a bit strange but keep reading. Feeling a bit sleep deprived? It’s probably showing in your eyes. The area around the eye is the most sensitive on your entire face and very prone to a host of problems. Puffiness, dark circles, discoloration, and fine lines are all very common problems in this area. The key to young-looking eyes is an eye cream, but your regular face moisturizer is too heavy for this delicate area. Eye creams are specifically designed for your eyes. While you are sleeping, eye creams help hydrate and tighten the skin in the eye area. Thus, you wake up in the morning looking refreshed.
Establishing a daily skincare routine doesn’t have to be stodgy. Not only is it easier than ever to find the best face care products for men, you now have a list of compelling reasons to do so.
Products like our Reflekt 1 takes a lot of the work out of finding a great daily cleanser and exfoliator. Reflekt 1 will cleanse, exfoliate and hydrate your skin all at the same time. You will still need to apply your moisturizer and sunscreen, but Reflekt 1 creates the perfect canvas.
USEFUL TIP: Keep your Reflekt 1 in the shower! It’s much easier to just grab it and scrub, rinse and glow!
Establishing a daily skincare routine is the secret to being your most attractive self. Do you already have a skincare routine? Please share! We would love for you to share it with us.